Analyze and extract provider information for an IP address.
This API will perform a live (realtime) scan against the given IP using various network level checks.
We then try to determine what type of provider this IP belongs to be by analyzing the data retrieved.
For convenience, this API also performs an IP location lookup as well using the IP Info
One of the checks IP probe performs is a service scan of the host. In particular we use network level service probes to check if the IP is running common VPN or proxy software.
This makes IP probe particularly good at detection of VPN and proxy services and is one of the key use cases for this API
Because this API performs a realtime check against an IP address it can take some time
if the target network is slow. In some cases this API may take up to 20 seconds to complete. However on average it will take around 2 to 5 seconds to complete analysis
|ip||Yes||string||IPv4 or IPv6 address|
|valid||boolean||Is this a valid IPv4 or IPv6 address|
|ip||string||The IP address|
|country||string||Full country name|
|country-code||string||ISO 2-letter country code|
|country-code3||string||ISO 3-letter country code|
|continent-code||string||ISO 2-letter continent code|
|city||string||Full city name (if detectable)|
|region||string||Full region name (if detectable)|
|hostname||string||The IPs hostname (PTR)|
|provider-domain||string||The domain name of the provider|
|provider-website||string||The website URL for the provider|
|provider-description||string||A description of the provider (usually extracted from the providers website)|
|provider-type||string||The detected provider type, possible values are:|
- isp - IP belongs to an internet service provider. This includes both mobile, home and business internet providers
- hosting - IP belongs to a hosting company. This includes website hosting, cloud computing platforms and colocation facilities
- vpn - IP belongs to a VPN provider
- proxy - IP belongs to a proxy service. This includes HTTP/SOCKS proxies and browser based proxies
- university - IP belongs to a university/college/campus
- government - IP belongs to a government department. This includes military facilities
- commercial - IP belongs to a commercial entity such as a corporate headquarters or company office
- unknown - could not identify the provider type
|is-hosting||boolean||True if this IP belongs to a hosting company. Note that this can still be true even if the provider type is VPN/proxy, this occurs in the case that the IP is detected as both types|
|is-isp||boolean||True if this IP belongs to an internet service provider. Note that this can still be true even if the provider type is VPN/proxy, this occurs in the case that the IP is detected as both types|
|Free Tier||Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3|