Analyze and extract provider information for an IP address.
This API will perform a live (realtime) lookup against the given IP using various network level checks.
We then try to determine what type of provider this IP belongs to be by analyzing the data retrieved.
For convenience, this API also performs an IP location lookup as well using the IP Info
One of the checks IP probe performs is a service scan of the host. In particular we use port scanning service probes to check if the IP is hosting VPN or proxy software.
This makes IP probe particularly good at detection of VPN and proxy services and is one of the key use cases for this API
: Because this API performs a realtime check against an IP address it can be slow if the target network is slow. In some cases this API may take up to 20 seconds to complete however on average it will take around 2-5 seconds to complete IP analysis.
For this reason we do recommend you set an appropriate HTTP timeout if you require your requests to complete within a fixed amount of time.
|ip||Yes||string||IPv4 or IPv6 address|
|valid||boolean||Is this a valid IPv4 or IPv6 address|
|ip||boolean||The IP address|
|country||string||Full country name|
|country-code||string||ISO 2-letter country code|
|city||string||Full city name (if detectable)|
|region||string||Full region name (if detectable)|
|hostname||string||The IPs hostname (PTR)|
|provider-domain||string||The domain name of the provider|
|provider-website||string||The website URL for the provider|
|provider-description||string||A description of the provider, usually extracted from the providers website or WHOIS record|
|provider-type||string||The detected provider type, possible values are:|
- isp - IP belongs to an internet service provider. This includes both mobile, home and business internet providers
- hosting - IP belongs to a hosting company. This includes website hosting, cloud computing platforms and colocation facilities
- vpn - IP belongs to a VPN provider or has been detected as hosting a VPN service
- proxy - IP belongs to a proxy provider or has been detected as hosting a proxy service. This includes HTTP and web based proxies
- unknown - sorry, we couldn't work out what kind of provider this IP belongs to
Free limit: 25/day