Geocode an address, partial address or just the name of a place.
is the process of taking a string and attempting to match this with possible real world locations.
Once a location is found you can then retrieve the geographic coordinates as latitude and longitude.
You can also use this API to verify postal addresses, find postal codes or get a neatly formatted address suitable for shipping/mail.
If more than one location is found for a given string then location results are ordered by most relevant to the original search address and with the highest geographic accuracy.
If your address data is already split into its individual components (street, city, suburb etc.) we recommend you pass this as a comma separated string to the address parameter.
|address||Yes||string||The address, partial address or name of a place to try and locate|
|country-code||No||string||The ISO 2-letter country code to be biased towards (the default is no country bias)|
|language-code||No||string||en||The language to display results in, available languages are:|
- de, en, es, fr, it, pt, ru
|fuzzy-search||No||boolean||false||If no matches are found for the given address, start performing a recursive fuzzy search until a geolocation is found. We use a combination of approximate string matching and data cleansing to find possible location matches|
|found||integer||The number of possible matching locations found|
|locations||array||Array of matching location objects:|
|latitude||float||The location latitude|
|longitude||float||The location longitude|
|address||string||The fully formatted address|
|address-components||map||The components which make up the address such as road, city, state, etc|
|city||string||The city of the location|
|state||string||The state of the location|
|country||string||The country of the location|
|country-code||string||The ISO 2-letter country code of the location|
|postal-code||string||The postal code for the location|
|location-type||string||The detected location type ordered roughly from most to least precise, possible values are:|
- address - indicates a precise street address
- street - accurate to the street level but may not point to the exact location of the house/building number
- city - accurate to the city level, this includes villages, towns, suburbs, etc
- postal-code - indicates a postal code area (no house or street information present)
- railway - location is part of a rail network such as a station or railway track
- natural - indicates a natural feature, for example a mountain peak or a waterway
- island - location is an island or archipelago
- administrative - indicates an administrative boundary such as a country, state or province
|location-tags||array||Array of strings containing any location tags associated with the address. Tags are additional pieces of metadata about a specific location, there are thousands of different tags. Some examples of tags: shop, office, cafe, bank, pub|
|Free Tier||Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3|