Check the reputation of an IP address, domain name, FQDN or URL against a comprehensive list of blacklists and blocklists.
We currently check more than 150 blacklists
The blacklists we connect to are most commonly known as either a DNSBL
(Domain Name System Blackhole List) or a RBL (Real-time Blackhole List).
This API can take up to 10 seconds to run depending on the current response times of the active DNSBLs.
Most blacklists we check are geared towards blocking hosts involved with sending email spam, some are more specialized lists.
If you are also interested in detecting IP addresses involved in other forms of cybercrime check out the IP blocklist API
|host||yes||string||An IP address, domain name, FQDN or URL.|
If you supply a domain/URL it will be checked against the URI DNSBL lists
|list-rating||no||integer||3||Only check lists with this rating or better|
|host||string||The IP address or host name|
|is-listed||boolean||Is this host blacklisted|
|list-count||integer||The number of DNSBLs the host is listed on|
|lists||array||An array of objects for each DNSBL checked, with the following keys:|
- is-listed - true if listed, false if not
- list-name - the name of the DNSBL
- list-host - the domain/hostname of the DNSBL
- list-rating - the list rating [1-3] with 1 being the best rating and 3 the lowest rating
- txt-record - the TXT record returned for this listing (if listed)
- return-code - the specific return code for this listing (if listed)
- response-time - the DNSBL server response time in milliseconds
|Free Tier||Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3|