Convert a geographic coordinate (latitude and longitude) into a real world address or location.
Reverse geocoding is the opposite of address geocoding
This API is ideal for applications which process location data (for example mobile GPS data) and need to correlate this with real places.
If your coordinates do not map directly (or very close to) to a real address then you can still locate street, city, region and country information.
Our mapping data covers the entire globe and is continuously updated as new geographic data is created.
|latitude||Yes||string||The location latitude in decimal degrees format|
|longitude||Yes||string||The location longitude in decimal degrees format|
|language-code||No||string||en||The language to display results in, available languages are:|
- de, en, es, fr, it, pt, ru
|found||boolean||True if these coordinates map to a real location|
|address||string||The fully formatted address|
|address-components||map||The components which make up the address such as road, city, state, etc|
|city||string||The city of the location|
|state||string||The state of the location|
|country||string||The country of the location|
|country-code||string||The ISO 2-letter country code of the location|
|country-code3||string||The ISO 3-letter country code of the location|
|postal-code||string||The postal code for the location|
|location-type||string||The detected location type ordered roughly from most to least precise, possible values are:|
- address - indicates a precise street address
- street - accurate to the street level but may not point to the exact location of the house/building number
- city - accurate to the city level, this includes villages, towns, suburbs, etc
- postal-code - indicates a postal code area (no house or street information present)
- railway - location is part of a rail network such as a station or railway track
- natural - indicates a natural feature, for example a mountain peak or a waterway
- island - location is an island or archipelago
- administrative - indicates an administrative boundary such as a country, state or province
|location-tags||array||Array of strings containing any location tags associated with the address. Tags are additional pieces of metadata about a specific location, there are thousands of different tags. Some examples of tags: shop, office, cafe, bank, pub|
|Free Tier||Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3|